The Ridetech crew is heading off to the Mecum Auction early next week to sell our 1967 Chevelle SS. The purpose is twofold, first we hope to sell off one of the most beautiful car’s we’ve ever owned, and second we hope to experience more of the hot rod culture at the auction block. Last year in January we sold the Velocity at the Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale AZ, and the event captured our attention with the numerous high end hot rods and nerve breaking auctions. We hope to have the same experience this year as we sell our Chevelle at the Mecum auction. Which is why, like last year, we will be reporting from the auction.
The Mecum auction is now celebrating its 25th year in business. It holds the largest collector car auction in the world in Indianapolis, IN annually with over 2,000 cars. The auction we are attending is the Kissimmee Florida auction which will last from January 24th to the 29th. The event will be televised each day on Discovery’s Velocity channel (see times below). Our Chevelle is slated to be auctioned off on lot T277 on the 26th around 8:30pm. (Auction information can be found here).
The auction should be just exciting, nerve breaking, and fun as it was last year. So follow along on our facebook page, tune into the discovery channel, or signup to receive our newsletter at the top of the page.
DISH – 364
DirectTV – 76
Wednesday (01/25/12): 1:00pm to 9:00pm EST
Thursday: 1:00pm to 9:00pm EST
Friday: 2:00pm to 10:00pm EST
Saturday: 2:00pm to 10:00pm EST
1967 Chevelle SS Features:
- Real 1967 SS 138 code car
- 454 CI big block Chevrolet engine
- M20 Muncie 4-speed transmission w/ Gear Vendors Overdrive
- 12 bolt Chevrolet rear end with 3.42 positraction
- Vintage Air front runner and 134a air conditioning system
- Polished aluminum intake and valve covers
- Electronic distributor
- 1.75” Sanders headers, 2.5″ Dynomax exhaust
- 13” Six Piston Baer disc brakes
- 18×9 Billet Specialties wheels with BF Goodrich tires
- Afco aluminum radiator with Spal Electric fans
- Ridetech tubular control arms, spindles, and swaybars
- Ridetech monotube racing shocks