Want a career with RideTech?
We are currently hiring for the following position(s):
I. ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW
Air Ride Technologies, Inc./RideTech is a manufacturer and distributor of vehicle suspension products in the automotive aftermarket. Since 1996 we have specialized in the design, manufacture and marketing of components aimed at enhancing the ride quality and handling performance of automobiles in the hot rod, street rod, and muscle car segments of the industry. Our business model utilizes a common sense approach to addressing the needs of both, the customer and the employee. It is this approach that allows us to maintain our position as the leader in customer service in our industry as well as provide a high level of personal and professional fulfillment to our workforce.
We provide a fast paced, challenging work environment that is well-suited to individuals who are detail oriented and can easily adapt to an ever-changing set of challenges and goals.
II. POSITION OVERVIEW
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of tasks including checking and unloading incoming shipments, verifying that the correct amounts and types of items were received, and inspecting the goods in order to ensure their quality. After examining the order, the clerk then stores or stocks the items in their appropriate places.
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for contacting shippers directly if a problem or discrepancy is found and keeping careful records.
This position requires some repeated heavy lifting throughout the day, carrying and lifting while reaching, bending, climbing, walking/standing to move product through warehouse. Operate warehouse heavy equipment as needed.
JOB TITLE: Receiving Clerk
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Supervisor
III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unload shipments from trucks and remove and dispose of packaging material.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as invoices or original order forms to verify accuracy of incoming shipment; record shortages and reject damaged items.
- Count, weigh or measure items of incoming shipments in order to verify information against invoices, orders, bills of lading or other records.
- Perform Quality Control and First Article Inspection on parts received in, and stocking inventory.
- Correspond with representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Communicate daily with individuals from the sales/purchasing departments on order/package issues, delays, damage, or any other occurrence that may affect timely receiving of product.
- Enter inventory transactions into inventory database.
- Safely utilize forklifts to move warehouse materials according to proper safety instructions and as directed.
- Cooperate with representatives from other departments in the organization to provide warehouse information as requested.
- Perform regular material warehouse audits to ensure that material is undamaged and maintained neatly throughout the warehouse.
- Maintain high attention to detail at all times to ensure accuracy in all tasks.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment is encouraged but not required.
- Basic computer skills are essential; working knowledge of order processing systems and inventory software desired.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 150-200 lbs. semi-regularly.
- Forklift experience desired but not required; training will be provided.
V. SALARY AND HOURS
- Full-time position; wage commensurate with experience.
Email your resume to Sheila@RideTech.com or mail it to RideTech-HR, 350 S. St. Charles St., Jasper, In. 47546