There seems to be more 55-57 Chevys on the road today than in 1957! Their tall boxy shape may say "low and slow", but in reality they can be a crisp performer with the right suspension enhancements.
All of these systems require NO fabrication, NO floorpan cutting, and NO welding to the body or frame. The AirBar is also positioned inside the framerails to allow much needed extra rear tire clearance. Don’t settle for 50 year old technology… serious performance CAN come in a box!
NOTE: The two piece frame is made from 2 pieces of metal welded together along their length. The one piece frame is made from a single piece of metal and has no weld line. (both frames have a seam on the top of the frame the two piece also has a seam on the bottom) The width of these frames is slightly different. The two piece frame measures 35-1/8" between the framerails immediately behind the bodymount in front of the rear wheel. The one piece frame measures 33-11/16" between the framerails. This measurement is important to determine because our AirBar crossmember is placed in that position.
RideTech continues to offer today’s hot rodders the ultimate in ride quality, handling performance, technical support, and now, SIMPLICITY, with the new coilover suspension components.
- Anodized finish protects against corrosion
- Available as fixed valve or rebound single adjustable
- CNC machined billet hardware
- Unique pinch clamp height adjuster uses finer thread for easy adjustment
- Includes 1/2" bore x 1" kevlar lined bearings for noise free operation
RideTech 2 1/2" coil over springs
built in Indiana by HyperCo:High tensile premium steel CNC cold wound, less weight, more resistant to bowing, increased travel with durable powered coated finish
- Monotube gas pressure design offers superior fade free performance
- Impact forged aluminum body provides superior strength and reliable service
- Larger 1.834" piston provides outstanding ride quality
- Double sealed rod guide with dust cover eliminates oil leakage
- 5/8" chrome shock shaft
RideTech Aluminum MonoTube Shocks
Great PerformanceMono-tube construction sets this coil-over shock apart - it means consistent performance and great ride quality
(upper and lower included in this package)
StrongArm tubular control arms not only improve suspension geometry and handling, they also make installation even easier. The added benefit when replacing control arms is new bushings and ball joints. No more worn out components.
RideTech Bolt-On 4-Link
The area of largest improvement is the handling and cornering performance. The RideTech 4-Link eliminates the oem leafspring and replaces them with a 4 link rear suspension. The 4 link bars offer more precise positioning of the rear axle to eliminate flexing and increase stability through the corners. When combined with coil-overs your vehicle can now enjoy the benefits of modern handling and ride quality technology.
• Lowers vehicle ride height
• Mounting hardware to maintain ground & tire clearance, driveline angles, and load capacities
• Bolt-on installation (no fabrication required)
• Greatly improved handling performance
• Ultimate ride quality.
Track Quality Shock Series Features
This newest addition to the Ridetech shock line goes beyond the typical double adjustable units that have been popular; the TQ shock has a single rebound adjustment and a DUAL stage [high speed and low speed] compression adjustment.
It uses a remote reservoir that is connected with a 30″ braided line for easy installation in a variety of installation applications. The high speed adjustment allows tuning for impact harshness... potholes, speedbumps, offroad use and other harsh road irregularities that might induce a high speed excursion of the piston rod. The low speed adjustment allows tuning of ride quality, as well as the general cornering characteristics of typical road course and racetrack use. It is currently the ultimate choice for autocrossing, track days, drag racing, and other extreme environment use.
- Single rebound adjustment PLUS dual stage high & low speed compression
- Aluminum impact forged shock construction for leak free operation
- Monotube design allows large piston for superior oil control, ride quality, and handling
- Available in a wide range of stroke lengths, and mounting styles to fit large variety of applications
- Remote reservoir includes mounting brackets for easy installation
The most overlooked suspension component is also one of the most important. The magic you could be missing in your suspension may be nothing more than simply adding or upgrading your swaybar. The new Musclebar sway bars were developed specifically for lowered vehicles and will greatly enhance the cornering performance of your 55-57 Chevy ( Not to mention they'll also make some vehicles safer at the speeds we travel on today's interstate highways.
"Ball Joint" style connection allows bind free operation through a extremely wide range of motion.
- 360º rotation
- 45º misalignment
Durable design will outlast traditional bushing style connectors
|RideTech spindles - These economical spindles allow you to drop your ride and increase ride quality. These spindles are STEEL, the strongest ones in the industry.||Billet Tie Rod Adjusters - Strong, easy to adjust and look cool too. Large wrench flats on both ends provide an easy way to dial your suspension anodized aluminum finish provides long lasting good looks.|