RideTech has developed ShockWave fitments for a variety of aftermarket chassis. Popular chassis like the Mustang II have been the foundation for many streetrod products for decades, and up until now they have been predominantly coil-type suspension setups. Now it is possible to outfit your chassis with an air suspension by RideTech.! There are a variety of air suspension setups available with a variety of shock upgrades. Choose your options above.
Since its introduction in 1999, the ShockWave has proven to be the most significant development in air suspensions... ever! In the summer of 2003, two United States patents (pat #6,581,918 and pat #6,607,186) were granted concerning the design and function of the ShockWave®. What does this mean to you, the customer?
It means RideTech is the inventor of this technology, not an imitator. It also means that we have, and will continue, to develop and refine new variations of the ShockWave® to meet your specific needs.
The ShockWave mounts just like a conventional coilover and replaces both the coil spring and the shock absorber. It is available in several different airspring styles and shock lengths to fit nearly any application.
The benefits over a traditional airspring are many:
- Bolt-on installation.
- No welding required!
- Unequaled ride quality!
- Eliminates tire clearance problems
- Proven patented sealing technology
Available ShockWave Upgrades
Ride Quality Series ShockWave
The Ride Quality ("RQ") series is a great entry level solution. It still retains all the mounting and installation advantages of the other shock series. With fixed shock valving, the RQ series is designed to optimize ride quality, leaving out the guesswork.
The quality of the monotube aluminum body shock will last for years of reliable service, and is an excellent choice for the price conscious buyer.
- Fixed shock valving is designed to optimize ride quality
- Aluminum impact forged construction provides leak free operation
- A great option for increasing ride quality and performance on a budget
- Monotube design for superior oil control
- High quality bearing mounts and stud style mounts for years of reliable service
Handling Quality Series ShockWave
The Handling Quality ("HQ") series features rebound adjustable shock valving. It is housed in a lightweight aluminum construction. The single adjustable series is available in a wide range of stroke lengths, and mounting styles to fit a large variety of applications.
- Aluminum impact forged construction allows leak free operation
- Single rebound shock valving adjustment
- Available in a wide range of stroke lengths, and mounting styles to fit large variety of applications
- Monotube design for superior oil control
- Easy & precise valve adjustment with 26 rebound clicks
Track Quality Series ShockWave
This newest addition to the Ridetech shock line goes beyond the typical double adjustable units that have been popular; the TQ shock has a single rebound adjustment and a DUAL stage [high speed and low speed] compression adjustment.
It uses a remote reservoir that is connected with a 30″ braided line for easy installation in a variety of installation applications. The high speed adjustment allows tuning for impact harshness... potholes, speedbumps, offroad use and other harsh road irregularities that might induce a high speed excursion of the piston rod. The low speed adjustment allows tuning of ride quality, as well as the general cornering characteristics of typical road course and racetrack use. It is currently the ultimate choice for autocrossing, track days, drag racing, and other extreme environment use.
- Single rebound adjustment PLUS dual stage high & low speed compression
- Aluminum impact forged shock construction for leak free operation
- Monotube design allows large piston for superior oil control, ride quality, and handling
- Available in a wide range of stroke lengths and mounting styles to fit large variety of applications
- Remote reservoir includes mounting brackets for easy installation
Select Series ShockWave
With the new Select Series damper, RideTech is now the ONLY manufacturer able to bring this new, electronically selectable valve technology to the Hot Rod and trailer towing market.
- Electronically selectable soft or firm shock valving at the touch of a switch
- Proven, reliable OEM electronic damping technology now available to the hotrod market
- Steel monotube construction allows superior oil control over a wide range of road and track surfaces
- Instant response to valving changes [under 1 second]
- Perfect for vehicles with radically changing loads.