Complete Coilover System for 1973-1987 C10. Includes front & rear HQ Series CoilOvers, front upper & lower StrongArms, Bolt-On 4 Link, Drop Spindles and Front MuscleBar.
Turn your 1973-1987 Chevrolet C10 pickup trucks into a true muscle truck with RideTech’s new coilover suspension kit. The complete system includes everything needed to dramatically improve the handling, ride quality and stance of your “square fender” pickup including an all-new Bolt-In 4-Link Assembly with C-Notch that replaces the factory leaf springs. The complete kit includes the aforementioned Bolt-In 4-Link kit (With R-Joints), front StrongArm® control arms, HQ Series single adjustable coilovers, drop spindles, front upper coilover mounting brackets and a beefy, 1.5” MuscleBar™ sway bar kit. The kit is 100% CAD-engineered in-house and refined on RideTech’s exclusive test track.
The heart of every RideTech coilover system is a set of monotube HQ Series coilover shock absorbers with 24 degrees of rebound adjustment to help you dial-in ride quality and fine tune handling characteristics. RideTech offers an exclusive 1,000,001-mile shock absorber warranty. 1973-1987 C10s have an excellent frame design with inherently low rocker height and good strength. RideTech’s new coilover suspension kit takes that great starting point and turns it into a proper muscle truck with high performance handling and sporty stance. You’ll be amazed with the transformation.
The 4-Link is a 100% bolt-on design with minimal cutting and no welding required. C-Notch brackets tie in directly with the upper crossmember, while link bar mounts use factory bolt holes in front along with factory axle pad mounting points.
All RideTech shocks have a 1,000,001 mile warranty! MORE INFO
73-87 C10 Chevy truck coil-over system
- Do I need to remove the bed?
- Yes, you will need to drill C notch mounting hole in the top of the oem framerail. 15 minutes, 8 bolts and 3 extra buddies is typically all it takes!
- Do need to remove the cab?
- Absolutely no need to remove the cab or even loosen it.
- Do I have to use the c-notch?
- Yes, our c-notch allows proper ride height, suspension travel, and also contains mounting locations for the coilovers, panhard bar, and other suspension components.
- Do I have to use the drop spindles?
- Yes, we have designed this system to use the included drop spindles to maintain proper ride height, suspension geometry, and suspension travel.
- Will my stock brakes work?
- This system is compatible with the OEM brake system that uses the 1.250” thick rotor, or any aftermarket system that replaces that system. The OEM system that uses a 1.00” thick rotor is not directly compatible.
- How wide of a tire can I fit with this kit?
- Safe fitment – Front = 255/40-18 Rear = 275/40-18
- Brave fitment = careful measurements will be required
- Do I have to cut my front inner fenders?
- Unless you are running some extraordinary wheel/tire fitment that we have not encountered, no inner fender trimming necessary.
- Do I have to cut my bed floor?
- We have designed this system to be compatible with the OEM bed floor, but there will be 2 small section of bed brace trimming necessary [one on each side]. Dimensions and instructions are included with the installation guide.
- How much horsepower can the kit handle?
- We have not found any limitation to horsepower.
- Will my existing sway bars work?
- The improved sway bar mounting design does not allow the use of the OEM bars, which are so small that they are irrelevant anyway. We have included a much larger diameter bar that is calibrated to work with the spring rates and shock valving range included with your system.
- Can I use my existing exhaust?
- Since there are so many variations on exhaust configuration for these trucks [both OEM and aftermarket] it is very likely you will need to modify the tailpipes of you current exhaust.
- Can I still tow/haul with this kit?
- Yes, up to the original GVW of the truck.
- How much will it lower my truck?
- We give you a specific fender height measurement instead of a “drop” amount because we never know if you are starting with new springs, old springs, or replacement springs. By going right to the end result [which is the new fender height] we eliminate all those variables for you. Also, you will have a small window about 1” up or down of available height adjustment.
Front fender height = 25.5” with a 255/40-18 tire Rear fender height = 24.75” with a 275/40-18 tire
- Will it work with a rack and pinion steering conversion?
- We have determined that most rack and pinion kits suffer from bracket flex, rack flex, poor steering geometry, and reduced turning radius. The system from No Limit Engineering seems to resolve most of these issues, but we have not yet specifically validated it on this vehicle. For most people a good steering box seems to be the best answer.