Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Bag info needed

Hello to all the forum members

I am a newbie here so bear with me as I will probably be asking some of the " same old, same old" questions.

I am (hopefully, nothing is for certain) going to be buying an S10 pickup this summer with plans to bag it, shave it etc.

I have been looking at the Air Ride site and really love the appeal that the Road Grader has.

I would like my truck to go as low as possible without having to do a body drop and without having to cut any of the wheel wells.

My thinking was that I would use a smaller rim and tire to fit under the truck. Am I correct in this thinking? Is it possible to put the RG with an appropriate front drop without cutting the wheel wells?

I know I will have to cut the bed and thats ok. I want this truck to be a daily driver in the spring/summer/fall time so I want to keep it as protected as possible. Ya, I think thats what I am trying to say.

Thanks to anyone who answers[8D]

RE: Air Bag info needed

We used a 238/35/18 up front and were able to lay it out without cutting the fender wells.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Now for another question. Iwont bother with a new thread since it pertains to my original thread.

I talked to my local ART dealer and he quited me 6000-6500 for a fastbagged truck. That includes the Road Grader and all ART parts where applicable.

Does this seem about right? I am not questioning him, just wondering thats all. I dont feel like getting hosed, lol. I forgot to ask him if that was just for parts, so again, another reason why I am asking.

Comment

Find out which compressor kit he quoted you for and which front kit.

Comment

I will do that.

For now, what would you reccomend and how much would it be?

Comment

air ride in general and their price depends on a few factors with the main ones being labor costs and what type of products you buy. here in detroit most installs go for roughly 2,000 give or take depending on trick installs. anything where body drops and c-notches are added then up around 3500 and that' s without product so if your spending $2,000-2500 it isn' t that far fetched but it does sound high.

Comment

I am planning on doing most if not all of the work myself.

Comment

I would suggest the ARF5000-LUCA for the front and the RGR1000 for the rear. On the compressor kit go with the ARC4700e or the ARC4800e.

Comment

Thanks Darren.

The guy I talked to also mentioned I would have to buy different bags as well because of the fast bag plan.

Any truth to this?

Comment

Same bag. Up front you could upgrade to bigger ports though.

Comment

Working...
                      X