Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RidePro E illumination

Hey,

I' ve got a RidePro E system installed on a 97 Firebird.
    The system works great except for one thing... the control panel won' t dim when the headlights are turned on. I already know this is a wiring issue, but I don' t know how to fix it. Mainly becuase the instructions don' t indicate if the green/black wire should be hooked up to a ground or hot activated scwitch. Should I hook up to a wire that has voltage on it with the switch on or to a wire that becomes a ground with the switch on? I' d really hate to hurt my system by hooking it up incorrectly.

By the way... the remotes are GREAT!

RE: RidePro E illumination

i haven' t installed mine yet but typically it would be with voltage...someone will chime in. in the mean time how about some pics!

Comment

I' ll post pictures pretty soon. This is rather surprising (at least for me), but I haven' t taken that many yet.

The system works great. I found a post on here about following directions and running wires all the way to the battery. This is definitely a good idea.

The illumination problem is still there. And this is what' s odd. I' ve tried hooking the system up to a " hot" feed off the light switch... the panel doesn' t dim. I' ve tried connecting it to a ground... the panel doesn' t dim. It seems like neither hot nor ground cause the panel to dim. Is it possible there' s a problem with the ECU or panel itself?

Look forward to hearing your ideas. Thanks.

Comment

Find the wires coming out of your dimmer switch/ head light knob. Connect a 12v test light to each wire coming out of the switch. Make a note of which wires light up.. these are " hot" wires.. Now, on the wires that light up .. operate your dimmer switch , if your test light dims, you have found your wire!! This is the easiest way to find it blind and the test light wont hurt anything .. This is the wire you need to connect to..

Comment

Working...
        X