X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

RE: Need quicker rise time on the 4000e kit

lines, valves and tanks all control this as well as your compressors ability to keep up. time to upgrade. i' m assuming the arc4000e right? which has the slower ride pro solenoids and smaller line for one. the more air flow the quicker the reaction.

Comment

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Comment

relocate some of the parts closer to the front........however as much work as it may take i doubt it will make a difference. in their catalog it states you' ll expect a 3-5 second rise time with that setup. is it slower then that?

Comment

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Comment

you wouldnt have to replace the whole kit to make it quicker.....
            maybe just larger valves &/or lines. it will move more air. Do you know what size you are running now?

Comment

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Comment

Upgrade to larger 3/8" lines with the appropriate fittings. Using separate tanks and compressors for the front and rear may help a bit too. After that you would need to switch to the larger BigRed valves and move up to 1/2" line.

Comment

WOW... 1/4 that is some pretty pokey line :P yea upgrading to 3/8 lines & maybe 1/2 valves will get you up in NO TIME.....

Comment

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Comment

how long does it take for the car to rise now??

it clearly states that the particular kit you bought takes 3-5 seconds........is it longer then that?

what is the largest line you can run on those smaller valves....anyone?

Comment

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Comment

Ok
                          I run into this with people buying from the " other" companies but here goes. I would probably simply add another tank and compressor for the front and run it at a slightly higher preasure than the rear.
                          I used to slow the rear rise time a little by limiting the tank peak preasure but this is just to keep the laymen(re idiots with more money than brains and just want" air ride" ) happy. What sise tank do you have? and compressor. Oh and never run compressor higher than rated psi , that could be bad.
                          If you want try the cheep idea firs ubgrade the lines, I never had any problems with Air Ride' s line sise unless you are bouncing(dumb on drivers) and if you go too fast you might have problems getting it fine tuned to the height you like (called overshoot) but hey a little practice and experimenting always goes a long way.
                          Lee

Comment

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Comment

No, but another tank will and you will need another comp. for a 2nd tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X