roadgrater question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roadgrater question

Im thinking about buying the roadgrater system for my s10. But i noticed that the rearend sits alot lower than the front. Why is this?? Only the back part of the frame sits on the ground. Can somebody fill me in and tell me if it will lay full frame from front to back. Thanks...chris

RE: roadgrater question

You usually see the rear lower because you HAVE to cut the bed out to use the road grater... this will allow it lay frame with up to a 26" tall tire/wheel i.e.. 20s
    The front is higher because you will also need to cut out the fender wells .. Most people dont want to cut the fender wells because you have to re-locate all the stuff in the engine compartment that was once mounted to the now cut fender wells... BUT ,, if you run 20s in the rear and 18s with say a 35 series tire you will lay frame front and rear without cutting the fender wells out. BUT you will HAVE TO cut your bed out to use the ROADGRATER.. So if you use the road grater....take the extra time to cut the fenders as well or just use 18s on the front!!

Comment

can anybody help me out?? Im trying to find out why the back sits lower than the front when you use the roadgrater. If i go with the grater and the coolrode will it lay full frame? I was also wondering if art sells a notch cover and tubs for the bed?
      If anybody could help me i would apreciate it a lot....thanks

Comment

Im guessing its because it has more drop then the front.

Comment

The front crossmember hangs lower that the frame rail in the rear.

Comment

Working...
          X