looking for air bags for 1952 chevy coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for air bags for 1952 chevy coupe

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help or lead me in the right direction. I recently step nothed and bagged the rear of my 52 chevy coupe, which came out excellent. HOwever, now i' d like to bag the front end but im using the stock suspension because it' s been completely rebuilt, new kings pins control arms the whole nine. So i' d rather not do a front clip swap if i dont' have to. Anyway, I plan to install bags in place of the coil springs, but I only have 5 inches that i can play with without having clearance problems. I' m willing to hack off part of the crossmember to make something work. what do you guys think? what can I do. I was thinking maybe i can use a rear leaf style bag in the front with a higher pound rating. I would need to use a bag with a 3/8 npt inlet because im running 3/8 in the rear or does it matter? so I' m looking for an air bag, spring, or cylinder that can work best, it would have to be within 5 inches in collapsed diameter, with a 2600 lbs rating or more and a 3/8 npt inlet if that matters. Can someone help?
    Thank you

Sincerely, LALO

RE: looking for air bags for 1952 chevy coupe

With that small coil spring pocket I don' t think you will be able to get a bag in there without doing a lot of cutting. We have never done one though. Always went with Mustng II

Comment

Working...
    X