racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing?

hey, im building a 86 chevy c10 into a 1/8th mile drag race truck, i want to run a 4 link in the rear, and was curious on if you can race with bags or not, and if so which setup from air ride would be the best, which 4 link and which bags, also i was wondering what would be best for up front, i was looking at the strong arm set up, but dont know if it will fit my truck, any info would be a big help, thanks

RE: racing?

Air springs work great for racing. You might want to check the rules at your track though. We are just finishing up some arms for that truck right now.

Comment

cool, i' d like the truck to lay out nice when dropped as well but be able to race it, i was thinking a triangulated 4 link with shockwaves..but they dont give much lift...like 3 inches or something, so would another type of bag work just as well?

Comment

You can get 5" of travel out of the 9000 series Shockwave.

Comment

so when do you think those arms will be coming out for the mid 80' s c10 trucks? also would they be strong enough for racing as well? and would coolride bags work well in the front for racing, do you suggest the 9000 series shockwave bags for the rear with the triangulated 4 link? need some help here, what kind of system would you suggest, to make the truck lay out 2-3 inches off the ground, and have 7-8 inches at ride height and still have the capabilites to race, which bags, 4 link and tank/compresser set ups?

Comment

The Shockwave will be the nicest setup for the rear. From fully deflated you will be able to pick it up about 3" for a ride height. You will have an extra 2" for extra clearance though. Yes, use the 9000 series Shockwave, but I would go with a parallel 4 link. I am hoping to have the arms ready sometime next month.

Comment

As a fabricator and a racer I' d spring for an actual 4 link kit from one of the racing chassis companies so you have the adjustability for instant center ,pinion angle, etc. but the cool ride bags would work but then you would have to add double adjustable shocks to tune it. So I' d get the V3.0 shockwaves (if they are available) so you can use the double adjustment feature. Id also use them on front so you can adjust the extension setting (for how quick or slow the front wheels extend cause if it tries to stand up you stiffen the extension if it doesnt you loosen it up to transfer weight to rear axle.) Remember treat it just like another racecar chassis but you get better traction, repeatability/60 foots times, and DO NOT SKIMP ON REAREND BUILD UP!! If you dont believe me look up a buddy of mine Troy Wilson from Shoals Indiana. He has had lots of fun keeping a rear end in his short bed chevy.
              You can email me at Xanadu4024@aol.com if you have any racing questions.
              Lee

Comment

Shoals??? Do you live around Jasper?

Comment

Working...
                X