front cups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front cups

Hello, i have a 76 chevy that i will soon be bagging but am doing as much comparing as i can before purchasing any components, and there are a few questions i still have.... Whats the difference in the cups that come with the coolride kit and the cups other companies sell alone. The reason i ask is i was told that there was a difference being some were short which are more suited for laying frame but require some more cutting, and then there were longer cups which i believe are the type in the coolride kit that are easier to install but somewhat restricts frame laying. Does anyone know if there is a difference and has anyone had any personal experiences. Thanks... clynt

RE: front cups

The Coolride system for the front of that truck will give it about a 6" drop. You really can' t get any lower with the bag without doing alot of cutting. Although a set of drop spindles will get you about as low as you will ever want. Depending on what size tires have you will probably have to modify your inner fender well. In the rear a set of notches and and blocks will lay it out

Comment

So if spindles will get you to lay why do people cut instead?

Comment

Some people just don' t want to spend the extra money. Laying out depends on more than just the suspension, tire size also plays a factor. As far as the different cups, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Comment

Comparing the art cups with drop spindles to just the shorter cups with some cutting so the bag will go up higher, what are the other positive and negative sides to this....and wont they differ as far as the camber goes. Seems to me that the dropped spindles with larger cups would help and would give less neg camber??

Comment

You got it man. The drop spindles help keep camber in adjustment, it will also keep ball joint angles in spec. Between the alignment problems and all the extra work its hard to outweight the $200 spindles.

Comment

Does anyone have any pics of a 73-87 chevy with the art coolride and/or spindles on the front. Would just like to actually see about how low it is in a pic instead of just trying to imagine. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X