Protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection?

Whats up guys, couple of questions. Recently istalled my system and have everything mounted. The pump and tank are in the bed, however I mounted the valves and digital sending units on the spare tire crossmember under the bed. Is there something I can do to protect them, silicon spray etc. Or will they be ok. Want everything to last you know. Also, I don' t want to get stuck with a dead pump, so when do you recommend replacing it..every year? Also the valves, what is the normal life span of the valves..2,3 years? Thanks

RE: Protection?

It is totally fine mounting them under the bed, all of the wiring harness have weather pak connectors and the compressors are sealed. It is a good idea to protect some of the other bare wires, ie the pressure switch an compressor splices. The compressor manufactures don' t really give a recommended replacement period. It totally depends on how much they are used, what weather conditions they experience, and where they are mounted.

Comment

I am also hearing a thud out of the front when I air up or down. Is it the bottom cup re-seating itself each time. I was told not to use the stock spring rubbers that sat at the top and bottom of the pockets, should I have, or does it just float down there and thats the sound I am hearing? I hear it in the rear every now and then also (bags extending?). Cool ride up front, air bars10 in the rear. Pockets are cut out perfectly.

Comment

also, my ride height is around 95 psi, when I air up, if I don' t cram it to 105 and get those thumps that I hear my 95 psi is real low. But when I air up get the thumps and take it down to 95 its right. Again, is this the bottom cups trying to get there groove. I have been checking the bags for rubbing and haven' t noticed anything out of the ordinary. Please help, is this normal?

Comment

Is it more of a pop? Sometimes the bellows on the airsprings seal themselves together when you deflate it. When you go to reinflate it you here a pop as the bag expands. This will not hurt anything, and chances are will go away. That is the reason you are setting higher once you hear the pop to, the bag has had a chance to fully expand.

Comment

yeah, because I am constantly checking the bags for rubbing and see no sign. I hope this is the case. Darren, any imput on this? thanks ..Tweaked

Comment

Yea, sounds good to me. Is that what it sounds like. I' ve heard a couple bags do that, after awhile it will go away.

Comment

62 is exactly correct......... sometimes when those bags are made there is additional material left around the girdle ring on the inside of the bellow. When you completly deflate the bag, that extra material seals off one of the chambers of the airspring. The chamber will stay sealed until you certain amount of air pressure in. That is where the pop is coming from and the additional rise you feel when it pops. That extra material will get worn away over time or you can also swap the bags left to right and that will sometimes take care of the problem.

Tony....

Comment

sweet, other than that the system is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  X