E3 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 system

I have a 94 mustang that I could not have been more excited to put an air ride system on it I think back in 2013 or around that time. At the time I just did the cool ride bags with ride height sensors and the E3 system to control it since it was the latest and greatest at the time. I enjoyed it for a few years before having an accident and beginning a long rebuild with a long list of improvements. One improvement was upgrading to shockwaves and I also got larger wheels that ended up requiring that the front ride height sensors were moved for space. Because of this the readings for the ride height sensors has been off and when it would try to go to the old settings it would end up way out of level. I tried to rerun the setup but after pushing "yes" to do it, it just sits there and does nothing. I also tried to turn of the automatic #2 ride height when powered up but it automatically turns it back on when I exit the menu. I called last week and spoke to someone that said '13 version of software I have had some bugs and did not like to be reflashed or upgraded. I was disappointed but at the time not being able to turn off the #2 automatic option was not a deal breaker. I am just an hour south in evansville if a trip up to try would be worth trying but it didn't sound promising who I talked to(I can't remember his name) Today I tried to just reprogram the ride heights and it gives me an error about cross loading the psi and will not program. If I can't at least set those heights I am not going to be able to get the alignment done that is needed and if this is the case is my only option a new controller? I see your new ones go through my phone and nothing could be less appealing than that if that is the only option from you.

After I wrote this I looked down and noticed that there is little to no support from ridetech here on the previous questions but I am sure that their customers (current or soon to be former) are checking to see if their questions are answered so I thought I would ask you guys. It looks like to me that I am going to need a new controller to replace my failing E3 system. As much as I would like to stay loyal to ridetech since they are a local business to me I am stuck looking at other brands that have a hardwired display so I have found air lift performances H3 system and wondered if any of you switched to it and how happy have you been? I am happy to see they offer a lifetime warranty on their controller knowing that a bad unit is what is causing me to replace it. The idea of support after the purchase now is 100x more important to me than keeping my money in the local area....

Comment

yup I am screwed with a firmware glitch that can't be fixed so I will be replacing it with a system from air lift performance. IF anyone needs a set of ride height sensors they are ok and can be reused contact me if you want to buy them and I can throw in a pair of ridetech nation hoodey's and hats. One of each has been used but they are all still in great shape and I will not be wearing them.
      Last edited by ttocs; 07-06-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

First, electronics don't have a terribly long shelf life. . .try buying a new iPhone from 7 years ago (you don't have to Google it, the iPhone 5 was released in 2013).
        As such development and support for legacy devices has to end at some point.

Now on to the matter at hand. Go to Menu/Settings/Info (if I remember correctly) and post the software version of both the display and controller.
        I'll see if there's anything I can do to help.

Comment

Agreed that electronics has a shelf life. After working as a tech for intel I know that even the most expensive machines will eventually time out and be obsolete. Software version is 13

Josh who originally sold me the system and is an internet friend from another forum reached out to me and called me. We checked out a couple of things but it all goes back to the fact it will not let me do the initialization process to reprogram the new locations for the ride height sensors and that the front sensors might need a little more movement. He is looking into how to fix this and I hope to hear back before the new system arrives for the weekend as it would be nice to cancel the order and save the cash.

Comment

Oh, I understand. I was Director of Engineering for Ridetech for a decade and the electronic control systems were my projects. (though I didn't write the code I was very close to everything)
            If you can get me the exact version info I'll see if I have any capability of reprogramming or resetting your ECU. If not, maybe I can come up with another solution.

Comment

Originally posted by marolf101x View Post
              Oh, I understand. I was Director of Engineering for Ridetech for a decade and the electronic control systems were my projects. (though I didn't write the code I was very close to everything)
              If you can get me the exact version info I'll see if I have any capability of reprogramming or resetting your ECU. If not, maybe I can come up with another solution.
              Sorry I never got back to you I just saw this today as I am not a regular on here. I have already started to switch to the new system but if you can fix the old one to allow me to sell it to get something back out of it I would be willing to pay for your time. I can sen you the entire system or the ecu if you want or if your still near jasper we could possibly meet up.

Comment

if anyone needs height sensors, an E3 display or the valve block or misc wiring I have the system out now. I also have the E3 controller and it allows the car to go up/down but it will not enter program mode. If someone wants to try and do something with it I have no use for it.

Comment

Working...
                X