Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Sway

Ford 9" with 4 link, 1986 C10.
    If I go over 45mph and hit a dip in the road the body sways but the steering is true. Did I mount something wrong.?

Do you notice this "sway" at one end of the truck more than the other? Does the back end of the truck feel like it wants to "walk around" so to speak after you go over a bump?

Comment

It almost fells like worn out shocks, If you know what I mean. But the truck only has 2600 miles so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnutter View Post
        It almost fells like worn out shocks, If you know what I mean. But the truck only has 2600 miles so far.
        So you're meaning the truck feels very "floaty" or bouncy?

Comment

It's more Floaty.

Comment

Sounds like you're in need of a shock upgrade. Having a "floaty" or bouncy ride is typically a result of having shocks that don't have enough rebound to control the action of the spring. Putting a better shock like the Ridetech/Fox HQ series smooth body shock https://www.ridetech.com/product/uni...h-body-shocks/ should solve that bounce/float issue.

Comment

There are new springs but not sure about the shocks. I'll see.

Comment

Would lowering the rear or raising the front help?

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnutter View Post
                  Would lowering the rear or raising the front help?
                  Only if you are bottoming out or topping out the suspension. But changing the ride height isn't going to get rid of the float or bounce. New shocks would be the fix for that.

Comment

Working...
                  X