Ridetech Home Forums Tech & Products 04 GMC Sierra Complete Coilover system

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    VWbug1962VWbug1962

I bought the complete coilover system for me 04 GMC Sierra last year. I’d like to confirm a few things
    1. Is 12.5” for the front and 14.5” for the rear the ideal coilover length at ride height?
    2. Should the coil overs be mounted with the adjustment knob on top or bottom?
    3. Do you have your R&D specs from that black Silverado related to how many clicks back from full firm worked best?

Josh@Ridetech
    quote VWbug1962:

I bought the complete coilover system for me 04 GMC Sierra last year. I’d like to confirm a few things
    1. Is 12.5” for the front and 14.5” for the rear the ideal coilover length at ride height? That is correct.
    2. Should the coil overs be mounted with the adjustment knob on top or bottom? Either way will work fine, it doesn’t change the performance of these shocks. We mount them upside down alot of the time to have easier access to the adjustment knobs.
    3. Do you have your R&D specs from that black Silverado related to how many clicks back from full firm worked best? I don’t have the exact info from that truck (it was one of our employee’s trucks and he had it set up for his liking. I would suggest starting in the middle (about 10-12 clicks back from full stiff) and then softening/stiffening it from that point until you’re happy.

Questions answered above!

Thanks,
    Josh

1beegee1
    Participant

I have an 06 Silverado crew cab w/5.3.
    I have the front and rear coil over kit also. So far I’ve been happy at 12 clicks up front and 14 clicks on back. I’d be interested to know what has worked for you since you’ve had the kit for a longer time. I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.