Ridetech Home Forums Tech & Products ’16 Silverado

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by Josh@Ridetech .
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lucas287lucas287

Hello RT,

I’m very displeased with the suspension setup on my truck. 2016 Silverado 1500 4×4 CC High Country. Having 275/55R20 doesn’t help much either.

The stock setup was horrible in almost every way. The front springs feel entirely too stiff and under dampened on the rebound side. The rear, of course, is jittery unloaded. I’ve taken some steps to smooth things out but am still frustrated. I installed a set of Koni’s new STR.T LT series shocks and, while better than stock, they leave a lot to be desired. They seem to have excessive low speed compression due to their digressive design.

I’m strongly considering a coilover setup consisting of:

• Atomic Fab Coilover Brackets (since I’m 4wd)
    • 5.2″ stroke HQ coilover
    • 600 lb spring

This setup would net me a slight ride height increase (a bit more level) and greatly reduce the spring rate. I’m concerned about the damping characteristics though. I don’t see much discussion from RT on how the HQ’s are valved.

Are they linear? Digressive? Progressive?

Can I get a set custom valved? I want very little compression damping, especially low speed.

Also, it appears the longest shock offered that I could use for the rear is ~22″. Is that indeed the case? I know FOX certainly has longer options 🙂

Thanks for your help in advance!

Josh@Ridetech

I definitely understand! We don’t have anything here that would really be set up well for what you’re needing (we’re primarily building the parts for hotrods/musclecars which explains why you’re not seeing the shock lengths you need :D). I would recommend getting in contact with BDS Suspsension (now one of our sister companies). They have several options for your truck along with the proper length/valved Fox shocks. I have no doubt, they can fix you up right.

Thanks,
    Josh

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.