Ridetech Home Forums Tech & Products 64 Impala

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BlvdKingBlvdKing

I am thinking of bagging my 64′ Impala but dont know much about air bags. I want to run 20″ wheels stock rearend housing and rear suspension, stock front suspension, stock spindles, is this possible? If any one has any advise as to what kit to use or install tips help me out. Where can I find reasonably priced tubular upper/ lower controll arms and rear trailing arms? How wide of wheels can I get away with with out rubbing on the inner rear wheel wells? What should I be prepared to spend on this air ride system if I install. Any comments welcome.
    BlvdKing Portland OR.;)

BlvdKingBlvdKing

RE: 64 Impala

Also what kind of ride can I expect? Can I raise the car to stock and drop in the weeds? What is the amount of adjustment in a 64 impala going to be like with bags?

darren@ridetech.comdarren@ridetech.com

On the front I would use our Cool Ride Kit part # ARF10600. The rear kit is also a Cool Ride setup, part # ARR20650. Both kits are really easy to install, bolt-on except for the front upper shock mount. They are designed to work with the stock suspension but you shouldn’ t have any problems using tubular.
    Call Fatmans Fabrications for some control arms, they have some nice stuff with good prices.

Price for front and rear kits about $950. You just need to pick out a compressor kit. That car definitely needs a 4 way system, you just need to decide which valves and how many compressors you want depending the rise time you are looking for.

darren@ridetech.comdarren@ridetech.com

It will lower your car 3″ at ride height and an additional 3″ fully deflated.
    Total travel is about 5″ .

BTW the ride quality is awesome.

BlvdKingBlvdKing

Thanks Darren! Your company is by far the best out there for customer service and quality. I don’ t even have yet and I am impressed. I have seen your equipment at local hot rod shows and such and you have a very nice product. I have talked with about 3 of your competitors and to say the least I was not impressed. To everyone at Air Ride Technologies keep up the great work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.