Ridetech Home Forums Tech & Products need info on drive line angle after cool ride install

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carl DarlingCarl Darling

I am install cool ride in the front of my 49 chevy pu. I am running a front clip out of a 77 nova. I degreed my motor with the original front springs and spindles. I had 3 degree’ s down on my tranny, then I took the front springs and cut 1 1/2 coils off to get the ride height that I wanted before installing the air springs. Now that my front end is down 3 inches lower, the tranny in looking up approx. 3 to 4 degrees. When I install the air springs with the same ride height, will I have to lower my tranny cross member or will the air springs set the angle back where it was before?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

RE: need info on drive line angle after cool ride install

Carl;
    Are you running a four link or leaf springs?

Tony….

darren@ridetech.comdarren@ridetech.com

That setup is designed to have a ride height of approximately 2″ lower than factory with the stock springs.

Hope that answers your question, let me know.

Carl DarlingCarl Darling

Hey Tony, I’ m running a rear leaf spring setup out of a 2000 S-10

Anonymous

Do you know how to obtain ” cancellation” when dealing with drivelines? You will need to put the truck on a drive on lift to figure your angles. You really want to stay within 3 degrees if you can with 1-2 degrees being optimal.

Tony…

Carl DarlingCarl Darling

Tony, I am aware of cancellation. When I put the new rear end setup in I had the pinion up 3 degrees and the motor was looking 3 degrees to achieve u joint cancellation. I just didn’ t know whether I would have to re-degree the motor after I put the air springs in or if the motor degree would correct itself.

Carl///

Anonymous

It wont correct itself……. if you need to get back within respecatable degree I would shim the tranny. It doesnt sound like you need much.

Tony….

Carl DarlingCarl Darling

Tony, thanks for all your help

carl

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.