RideTech speaks hotrods! So does Goodguys…that is why Goodguys has selected RideTech to build their new 1969 G/RS Camaro! RideTech and Goodguys have had a long business relationship that spans over 15 years…including building their 70 Chevelle giveaway car in 2008 and their 70 Nova giveaway car in 2010. Unlike those 2 giveaway program cars, the G/RS Camaro will be a permanent fixture of the Goodguys stable and will driven to most of the events in 2013 and beyond.
The G/RS Camaro will feature many of the typical protour type components:
- Supercharged LSA engine from GM Performance Products
- Tremec T56 Magnum 6 speed
- Moser rearend
- Baer Brakes
- RideTech coilover suspension and TigerCage
- Flowmaster headers and exhaust
- Forgeline wheels
- Vintage Air A/C system
- Kicker Stereo
- Marquez interior and billet components
- Interior by Hudson Rod and Custom
- Dakota Digital VX Series guage pod
- PPG paint
- Flush windshield and backglass by Classic Auto Innovations
- American Autowire wiring
- Fuel tank by Ricks Stainless Tanks
- …and more goodies from Ricks Camaro Parts and Speedway Motors
It will also have some tasteful and subtle body and trim changes as you can see from the rendering. The bumpers and stripes will be metalfinished, the glass flushed, the driprails removed, special lighting created…and more mods you’ll have to hunt for!
Construction on the Camaro began in April with the completion date to be in October 2012. When completed look for it to hit some of the various track day events across the country, including the Goodguys autocross series. RideTech and Goodguys will be posting build pictures along the way and will offer regular text and video updates on a new online build journal and on facebook.
Project introduction video:
Rendering of the 1969 Camaro: