This Coilover System is specifically designed for the 1964-1972 GM “A” Body Platform and includes everything needed to create modern drivability from vintage muscle. The package contains front upper and lower control arms, tall spindles, front MuscleBars, HQ Series Coil-Overs. The benefit of buying a complete suspension system is that it takes all of the guesswork out when purchasing a new suspension. RideTech has spent hours collecting data to find a perfect spring rate and components for your vehicle’s performance and ride quality. 1964-1972 GM “A” Body includes Chevelle, Cutlass, El Camino, F85, GTO, LeMans, Malibu, Skylark, Special, Sportwagon, Tempest and Vista Cruiser.
- RideTech Tall Spindles will induce more negative camber gain to maximize tire contact patch during cornering. It also offers a 2” pin drop which allows for the use of longer shocks creating more suspension travel. Compatible with all brake kits designed to fit the stock disc brake spindle.
- Upper StrongArms feature corrected ball joint angles for the tall spindles. The upper ball joint have been moved back to allow for additional caster setting to improve high-speed stability and steering feel. Offset slugs are also available for additional caster. Injection-molded Delrin bushings with 13% Teflon are used to reduce deflection and stiction.
- Lower StrongArms feature a double sheer lower mount for increased strength. We have also dropped the lower shock mount to increase suspension travel and moved the lower ball joint forward to increase caster settings while keeping the wheel centered in the wheel opening. Injection-molded Delrin bushings with 13% Teflon are used to reduce deflection and stiction.
- HQ Series Coil-Overs utilize an impact-forged aluminum body and Monotube design to deliver excellent ride quality and handling. They allow fine tuning of the ride quality and handling via the rebound knob, located at the top of the shock for under hood access. They come standard with a 1,000,0001 Mile Warranty. Brackets are included with the rear coil-overs for easy attachment to the frame and to the 10/12 bolt rearend or Currie 9″. Brackets for a Moser rearend are also available. Interested in AutoCross or Road Course Racing? Consider the TQ Series CoilOvers.
- Front MucleBar helps reduce body roll and creates room for wider front tires. It includes the PosiLink endlinks that provide immediate engagement between the chassis and control arms.