What says “performance” more than a set of tubular control arms! After all of the time and effort expended on your ride, you definitely can’t let your stamped oem control arms detract from all that work. Finish your suspension off with these new tubular control arm systems from Ridetech. Built with all of the care and experience you have come to expect from us, these tubular control arms are a precision engineered solution for ShockWave® installation, ball joint binding, and frame clearance issues that can haunt some vehicles. When you combine the performance benefits with the elegant design of these arms, there is no question…. You want these.
Development – StrongArms™ are developed by Ridetech® in Jasper, Indiana on an actual running, driving vehicle. This allows us to properly address ALL fitment and performance issues. It also allows us to document an installation, demonstrate the installation to our sales techs and dealers, and allows ongoing evaluation of the performance of the StrongArms™
Design – We think the best way to design any component is to keep it simple. That is why Strong Arms™ are designed with as few components as possible. We have a new 4 axis tubing bender that allows precise, repeatable bends that no other machine can achieve. We can create elegant tubing bends that would otherwise require several separate welded components.
Components – We have worked closely with Moog, a major manufacturer of OEM ball joints, to ensure that the proper ball joints have been selected for the Application… a compression style unit in a compression application, a tension bal joint in a tension application. Proper poly or rubber bushings are selected based on application and the type of driving or racing that is anticipated.
Geometry – Geometry of a suspension starts with the position of the frame mounts and the height of the spindle, not the shape of the control arm. However, there are a few small things in control arm design that can make a big difference in how a vehicle drives and performs.
- We create extra caster potential by adjusting the fore and aft position of the ball joints. At the same time we make sure the wheel is properly positioned in the wheel-well so your new 18″ wheels fit like they should!
- The balljoint camber travel is re-centered to accommodate the new lowered ride height so the ball joint doesn’t bind during extreme suspension movement.
- The perimeter of the StrongArms is contoured to allow maximum wheel clearance and turning radius.
- All shock mounts, airspring mounts, and swaybar mounts are integrated into the design so you don’t have to finish the engineering in order to enjoy your ride!
StrongArms™ are optimized to allow proper camber adjustment at your new lowered ride height without using a large stack of shims.
All STRONGARMS include ball joints, and bushings. They are bolt-on: ready to install!
Note: These arms are specifically designed for use w/ RideTech MuscleBar.
RideTech 65-70 Impala, Bel-Air, Biscayne StrongArm Design
- We build the arm one piece to eliminate the strut rod.
- Where the factory strut rod uses a rubber bushing to attach to the car we use a bearing setup. The bearing setup gets ride of the compression that is experienced with hard braking and cornering.
- We build additional caster into the arm so that the car drivers better, especially at higher speeds.
- Our Strong arms allow for a lot of suspension adjustment on this vehicle.
- The strong arms for this car have an adjustable steering stop.