This Air Suspension System is specifically designed for the 1958 Chevy “B” Body cars and includes everything needed to provide an ultra-low show stance while maintaining excellent ride quality and handling. The system contains front tubular upper and lower control arms, front & rear sway bars, front and rear HQ Series shocks, front and rear air spring w/ brackets, rear tubular trailing arms. The benefit of buying a complete suspension system is that it takes all of the guesswork out when purchasing a new suspension. Ridetech has spent hours collecting data to find the perfect components to acheive maximum vehicle performance and ride quality.
1958 Chevrolet “B” Body includes Impala, Del Ray, Bel Air, Biscayne, Brookwood, Nomad.
- The Upper StrongArms feature corrected ball joint angles and the upper ball joint have been moved back to allow for additional caster setting to improve high speed stability and steering feel. They are powder coated satin black and fully assembled with ball joints, injection molded Delrin bushings and cross shafts; ready for installation.
- The Lower StrongArms feature a double sheer lower mount for increased strength. They are powder coated satin black and fully assembled with ball joints, injection molded Delrin bushings and cross shafts; ready for installation.
- Front and Rear CoolRide systems utilizes Firestone air springs and application specific bolt-on mounting brackets.
- HQ Series Shocks utilize an aluminum body and Monotube design to deliver excellent ride quality and handling. They allow fine tuning of the rebound dampening to adjust ride quality and handling. They come standard with a 1,000,0001 Mile Warranty. Bolt-on brackets are included to relocate the front shocks to the rear side of the lower StrongArms. The rear shocks simply bolt in place of the factory shocks.
- The Rear StrongArms provide added strength to help get the power to the pavement. They utilize R-Joint Technology to provide smooth operation and reduce roll bind. The lower arms feature the air spring bracket for which bolts in place of the stock coil springs, keeping the load where is belongs. The tubular upper arm is specific to the 1958 model year and utilizes injection molded Delrin bushings.
- Front & Rear MucleBars are included to replace the tiny factory sway bars (Most of these cars did not even have factory sway bars.) They feature significantly higher rates, performance end links and Delrin lined bushings.