This Ford 9″ Rearend is specifically designed for direct replacement in a 1968-1972 GM “A” Body (Chevelle, Cutlass, El Camino, Skylark, LeMans, etc.) It is manufactured by the experts at GearFX Driveline to the highest standards to provided flawless perfomance and easy installation. Flange to Flange width is 59.125″.
- Extreme Duty .250″ wall housing center and 3″ O.D. precision ground tubes.
- All brackets are tig welded and feature Torino Big Bearing flanges and reinforced upper trailing arms mounts for extra ridgity. Available with stock style spring perches upon request (Not required with RideTech Coilovers or Shockwaves).
- Fill and drain plugs are included standard.
- Satin Black powder coating is available.
- 31 spline axles with 1/2″-20 wheel studs, axle flange to axle flange width of 59.125″ (Stock). Built to withstand extreme use and Engineered for high performance street, track events and autocross. Made from high quality alloy steel, Induction heat treated and magnafluxed to insure quality and reliability. They come with Torino flange bearings already installed on the axle.
- GearFX 3rd Member assemblies feature a TruTrac 31 spline differential and are available in multiple gear ratios. Genuine Ford SVO nodular iron “H” cases are used with chromoly bearing caps, GFX 1350 Ultra Performance Yoke with U-Joint straps with 12pt bolts, Daytona pinion support, Timken bearings, premium ring and pinion assembled w/ ARP bolts (safety wired). All GearFX rear gear builds use their championship winning build procedures and attention to detail. All parts are individually inspected and hand deburred for quality assurance. They only use the highest quality parts to produce a product that meets their standards.
- Add REM Isotopic Surface Finishing and Dyno Break-in to increase performance, durability and trouble-free operation.
* The GearFX Housing Measurement Sheet is available for download below and must completely filled out at time of order