This Ford 9″ Rear end is specifically designed for direct replacement in a 1968-1972 GM “A” Body (Chevelle, Cutlass, El Camino, Skylark, LeMans, etc.) It is manufactured by the experts at GearFX Driveline to the highest standards to provided flawless performance and easy installation. Flange to Flange width is 60.312″.
- Extreme Duty .250″ wall housing center and 3″ O.D. precision ground tubes.
- All brackets are TIG welded and feature Torino Big Bearing flanges and reinforced upper trailing arms mounts for extra rigidity. Available with stock style spring perches upon request (Not required with RideTech Coil-overs or Shockwaves).
- Fill and drain plugs are included standard.
- Satin Black powder coating is available.
- 31 spline axles with 1/2″-20 wheel studs, axle flange to axle flange width of 60.312″ (Stock). Built to withstand extreme use and Engineered for high performance street, track events and autocross. Made from high quality alloy steel, Induction heat treated and magna-fluxed to insure quality and reliability. They come with Torino flange bearings already installed on the axle.
- GearFX 3rd Member assemblies feature a TruTrac 31 spline differential and are available in multiple gear ratios. Genuine Ford SVO nodular iron “H” cases are used with chromoly bearing caps, GFX 1350 Ultra Performance Yoke with U-Joint straps with 12pt bolts, Daytona pinion support, Timken bearings, premium ring and pinion assembled w/ ARP bolts (safety wired). All GearFX rear gear builds use their championship winning build procedures and attention to detail. All parts are individually inspected and hand deburred for quality assurance. They only use the highest quality parts to produce a product that meets their standards.
- Add REM Isotopic Surface Finishing and Dyno Break-in to increase performance, durability and trouble-free operation.
*Based on multiple in-house measured samples, this Stock Replacement 1968 – 1972 GM A-Body Ford 9” housing is built to 60.312” Axle Flange to Axle Flange width. This will accommodate the difference from drum to disc while maintaining stock wheel face to wheel face dimensions (depending on exact rotor thickness). GearFX can build to customers specifications; however, a Rear end Housing Measurement Form must be filled out with the requested width. GearFX is not responsible for fitment issues on housings built to customer specifications.