The RideTech Air Suspension System for the 1967-1970 Cougar is the perfect system to provide modern ride quality and handling while providing that ultra low show stance. The package contains front upper and lower control arms, tall spindles, steering arms, inner & outer tie rods, front MuscleBar, a Bolt-In 4 Link System and 4 HQ Series Shockaves for every corner of your vehicle. The benefit of buying a complete suspension system is that it takes all of the guesswork out when purchasing a new suspension. RideTech has spent hours collecting data to find a perfect spring rate and components for your vehicle’s performance and ride quality.
- The Upper StrongArms feature corrected ball joint angles for the tall spindles. The upper ball joint have been moved back to allow for additional caster setting to improve high speed stability and steering feel. Billet cross shafts are included that feature a lowered mounting point to increase camber gain and correct suspension geometry. They house a stout double sheer lower shock mount.
- Lower StrongArms feature a unique design that combines the control and strut rod into a stronger, more appealing 1 piece design. Additional caster is designed into the arms and includes a robust bearing in an aluminum housing at the front mount to replace the soft factory rubber units.
- HQ Series Shockwaves utilize an impact forged aluminum body and Monotube design to deliver excellent ride quality and handling. They allow fine tuning of the ride quality and handling the rebound knob is located at the top of the shock for under hood access. They come standard with a 1,000,0001 Mile Warranty.
- This Front MucleBar helps reduce body roll and includes the PosiLink endlinks that provide immediate engagement between the chassis and control arms.
- The Bolt On 4-Link greatly improves traction, handling and ride quality. Installation does not require the any major modifications to the floor pan and requires only minimal welding to the axle tube. Works with minitubs. The R-Joint rod ends combine the best qualities of low friction movement, lateral stability, full range articulation, and quiet operation into one special bearing that is as home on the street as it is on the racetrack
To complete this Air Suspension system please choose from one of our Compressor Systems below.
- TQ Series Shocks- The remote reservoir triple adjustable coil-over shocks feature rebound adjustment along with dual stage (High Speed & Low Speed) compression adjustment. High speed adjustment allows tuning for impact harshness and low speed adjustment allows tuning of cornering characteristics, perfect for use on the autocross, road course and drag strip. Read More