The Ridetech Bolt-On 4-Link installs onto the oem leaf spring mounts of your prized muscle car… no cutting, no fabrication, just four small tabs to weld to the axle for your upper bars. The ride height of your car is typically lowered by approximately 2”. The ride quality is dramatically improved over stock… instead of a wallowing soft ride you’ll experience a crisp, controlled ride quality that will inspire more confidence for performance driving.
The area of largest improvement is the handling and cornering performance. The system eliminates the OEM leaf spring and replaces them with a 4-link rear suspension. The 4 link bars offer more precise positioning of the rear axle to eliminate flexing and increase stability through the corners. When combined with a ShockWave or a Ridetech Coil-Over front suspension kit your classic muscle car can now enjoy the benefits of modern handling and ride quality technology. The patented R-Joint rod ends combine the best qualities of low friction movement, lateral stability, full range articulation, and quiet operation into one special bearing that is as home on the street as it is on the racetrack!
If you want your classic muscle car to ride and drive like a modern performance car, the Bolt-On 4-Link system is the perfect solution!
We wouldn’t expect you to bolt on any suspension component that we haven’t thoroughly tested. We regularly use our cars in a wide range of performance driving environments, as well as plain ol’ highway time. Our 4-Link systems have proven time and time again to provide not only ground shaking traction, but a great highway ride as well.
- Greatly improves traction, handling, and ride quality.
- Suspension geometry improvements include optimized roll center and adjustable anti-squat (41% – 109%).
- The R-Joint rod ends combine the best qualities of low friction movement, lateral stability, full range articulation, and quiet operation into one special bearing that is as home on the street as it is on the racetrack!
- Installation does not require any major modifications to the floor pan and requires only minimal welding to the axle tube.
- Front lower bar mount reinforces leaf spring bucket and integrates with Ridetech subframe connector
- Upper cradle bridges the frame rails to create attachment points for the upper 4 link bars and the shocks. Strong bolt-in installation using square U-bolts and 3/8″ riv-nuts (tool included)
- Compatible with mini-tubs
- Fit’s 2 door, 4 door and Wagon
- Double Adjustable Rods ends: Adding this option gives you the ability to adjust you lower bar length without removing bar end nuts & bolts. Simply loosen the jam nuts and turn.
- Shock Series: HQ Series features 24 positions of rebound adjustment. The TQ Series adds remote reservoirs allowing high and low speed compression adjustments, great for dedicated track cars. Click Here to learn more.
- Weld-on lower axle brackets are available if using an aftermarket axle housing without stock style leaf spring pads. Part # 70010122, sold separately.