Rear Upper Arm R-Joint Bushing Assembly for 1964-1977 GM A Body and 1978-1988 GM G Body. (Presses into housing). Sold as Pair.
R-Joints are a revolutionary rod end design that provides low friction, full range articulation, long service life, lateral stability and quiet operation.
- Articulates in 3 planes 360 degree axial rotation and 30 degrees of total lateral rotation.
- 17-4 investment cast stainless steel housing with rolled threads.
- Polished stainless ball and RTX10 composite cage provides consistent low friction movement.
- Special RTX10 composite cage needs NO lubrication.
- Self cleaning design…movement not affected by ANY water, grit, dirt, or debris.
- Spring loaded closure keeps mechanism tight and rattle free for LIFE!
Note: May not fit some 1964 model year cars. The O.D. of the R-Joint housing is 1.85″, many 1964 cars used a 1.375″ O.D. bushing.
Part number 11227299 includes a pair of bushings and a bushing removal/install tool kit.